brand valve fc55-1
The Brand, full range pressure compensating variable flow control is designed so that the orifice area varies as the lever is rotated. Fluid travels past the variable orifice, through the compensator spool and then out the controlled flow port. Therefore the flow out of the CF port is proportional to the orifice area which can vary from closed to open. The sum of the controlled flow and the excess flow equals the inlet flow and as the controlled flow increases the excess flow decreases. Both outlet flows are pressure compensated with a spool that maintains a constant flow by adjusting for pressure. Hunting between the compensated pump and our valve is dampened with a dashpot on the compensator spool. Thus, the outlet flow is smooth and constant regardless of the pressure on the CF and EX port. External seals on the rotary spool prevent contamination from getting between the spool and the casting, thus preventing the spool from locking in one position. All FC’s are built with stainless steel (416) rotary spools to help prevent the rotary spools from locking up when they are in a corrosive environment. We also offer the FC with outlet ports coming from the top of the casting.
• DIAMOND HONED SPOOL BORE provides consistent spool fit with low leakage.
• EVERY FC IS TESTED for shutoff, max. flow, and pressure compensation.
• STANDARD 3-PORT allows for pressure compensated flow out of two ports.
• STANDARD 416 STAINLESS STEEL rotary lever spool to prevent the spool from locking up.
• STANDARD SAE ORB COMPENSATOR PLUGS to eliminate external leakage from the
• EXTERNAL SEALS ON ROTARY SPOOL prevents contamination from locking up spool.
• OPTIONAL TOP PORT allows the customer to plumb their pipe directly in line with the inlet.
• OPTIONAL 2-PORT allows for pressure compensated flow out of one port.
• OPTIONAL 316 STAINLESS STEEL rotary spool provides highest corrosion resistance.
• OPTIONAL FREE REVERSE FLOW allows fluid to move from the CF (control flow) and EX
(excess flow) port to the inlet. (Single reverse flow is also available)
• OPTIONAL ADJUSTABLE BALL SPRING RELIEF AND HIGH LIFT BALL SPRING RELIEF CF
(control flow) port.